[Live-devel] Open rtsp camera and streaming to network

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 8 08:21:10 PST 2024

> On Jan 9, 2024, at 4:52 AM, info at denisgottardello.it wrote:
>
> I use openRTSP to store movies. Is it possible to store movies directly using live555ProxyServer?

No, not without modifying the code.  “live555ProxyServer” is intended to be a proxy server, and nothing more.

> If not is there a way to restore openRTSP after when live555ProxyServer has restored the device connection?

Not really.  But if this important to you (i.e., if, for some reason, you intend to restart the back-end camera frequently), then I suggest running “openRTSP” periodically, as a cron job (and with the “-d <duration>” option).

Or you could just stop rebooting your camera :-)