[Live-devel] rtsp client library

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 18 02:04:12 PDT 2024

> On Oct 18, 2024, at 3:26 PM, info at denisgottardello.it wrote:
>
> Ok, now I'm reading the source code to find out the way to display the video
> stream in a qwidget and to listen the audio. Have you got an example about
> this?

No, because that’s platform-specific.

But note that before you can render the media (i.e., display video or play audio through a speaker), you first have to decode it.  Note that the LIVE555 libraries do not include any video or audio decoding; to do that, you need to use another library (most people use “ffmpeg”), or use hardware decoding support if it is available.

If you’re using “testRTSPClient” as a model for your application (which is what I recommend), then you could write your own “MediaSink” subclasses to decode and render each stream - replacing “DummySink”.