[Live-devel] RTSP proxy server crash on delete with -V option

Андрій Олексійович Радченко aoradchenko.fshn22 at kubg.edu.ua
Fri Sep 27 03:03:36 PDT 2024

Hello. I tried live555ProxyServer.cpp example and found that if:
1) we start program with -V option
2) there are active proxy streams (not clients, but just get descriptions
from rtsp streams);
3) we EXIT from event loop and delete server with *Medium::close()*

then it will crash due to access to the deleted object *fProxyRTSPClient *
in *ProxyServerMediaSession*. There is the problem that after destruction
of *ProxyServerMediaSession *there is access to

*char const* ProxyServerMediaSession::url() const *

method with -V option, and *fProxyRTSPClient *is destroyed but not NULL.

So we just need to add

*  fProxyRTSPClient = NULL;*

on line 133 (just after  *Medium::close(fProxyRTSPClient);* in
*~ProxyServerMediaSession*).