[Live-devel] RTSP proxy server crash on delete with -V option

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 27 07:47:42 PDT 2024

Andrey,

Thank you for the bug report.

I agree that there is probably a bug here, but I don’t like your proposed solution.

If a “ProxyServerMediaSession” has been deleted, then nobody should be calling “url()” on it.

I.e., the problem is not that code is trying to access an already-deleted “ProxyRTSPClient”, but that it is trying to access an already-deleted “ProxyServerMediaSession”.

Can you identify where, in the code, someone is trying to call “url()” (probably by calling “operator<<()”) on a “ProxyServerMediaSession” after it has already been deleted?