[Live-devel] Re: Streaming Video to a QT Darwin Server...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Apr 14 15:10:46 PDT 2004

At 12:40 PM 4/14/04, you wrote:
>I would like to encode a video stream on Linux and then send it to a
>QuickTime Darwin Streaming Server.  I have my own video codec for QuickTime.
>I have ported the encoder/decoder minus QuickTime specific stuff to Linux.
>If a get a frame buffer on Linux, how would I need to package it to be
>successfully decoded in QuickTime and then send it to the Darwin Streaming
>Server?  Is there an example I can use as started code and add my specific
>needs?

Keith,

We currently have code that does this (injecting a RTP/RTCP stream into a
Darwin Streaming Server) in a couple of custom products, but this code has
not yet been made part of the released "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" source
code release.

This code may get made generally available sometime within the next few
months, but until then, you would need to become a paying customer in order
to make use of it.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>