[Live-devel] Problem with Vobstreamer Program

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Apr 25 22:26:09 PDT 2004

At 03:09 PM 4/23/04, you wrote:
>Hi Ross,
>             I have been testing the Vobstreamer to stream *.vob files
> over network. The client receiver is VideoLan's VLC. Here is the problem
> that every time I started VobStreamer to multicast, it killed my network
> connection and the network connection would not recover unless I reboot
> the machine.  Any advise on my scenario would be great.

Well, if an application program causes your operating system to die, then
that's hardly the fault of the application program - instead, your
operating system is buggy, and perhaps you should upgrade (or switch) to
another, more stable OS.

>Another thing, Can I change Vobstreamer so it use Unicast instead of
>Multicast?

Not easily, but one thing that you can try instead is use the
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" test program.  That program streams various kinds
of file via unicast, on demand.  In particular, if you have a file named
"test.vob" - in the same directory as "testOnDemandRTSPServer", then you
can run that application, and it will print out a "rtsp://" URL that you
can use to access the stream (e.g., using the "vlc" media player).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>