[Live-devel] What tools shall I use in this situation?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Apr 30 10:41:19 PDT 2004

>I am modifying Live.Com codes to support m-to-1 streaming (distributed
>streaming, multiple streamers try to stream different data to the
>receiver, and the receiver will group data locally).
>Currently, I am partially done with MP3 ADU streamer and receiver. My boss
>asked me to give a real-time playback demo to him: a Winamp-like player is
>needed to play back the under-receiving MP3 file.

Are you aware of the existing "in_rtp.dll" Winamp plugin, which will play
MP3/RTP streams (including those using the ADU-based RTP payload format):
<http://www.live.com/multikit/winamp-plugin.html>?

>Anyone can give any suggestion on such a player that it can read local
>file from time to time (which grows as streaming progress), and play back
>the Mp3?

I suggest looking at "VLC" <http://www.videolan.org/> and MPlayer
<http://www.live.com/mplayer/>

	Ross Finlayson