[Live-devel] very low resolution playback

xavier nikoxan at mixmail.com
Sat Aug 14 21:47:51 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm streaming MJPEG video frames using a JPEGVideoSource derived class.
The frame type is 1 (YUV420P) and the quality factor Q is set to 99 (according to the rfc,
the
quantization tables are calculated from the Q factor), w and h values are 8-multiples.

The class JPEGVideoRTPSource receives the stream once in vlc (tested it also with mplayer)
and parses it so as to be played.
The problem is that the frames appear in very low resolution (I can hardly recognise
them), so
pixelled. I don't know where the problem lies, because I use the best Q value (99) for
this frame
type.

Is the openRTSP client library present in vlc re-compressing the jpeg frames when
re-calculating the
quantization tables from the Q factor?

Should I send the original JPEG file header quantization tables with the frame data to
acquire the
original frame resolution?

Thanks for your time and patience,
Xavier

Ahora en tu móvil puedes llevar la foto que tú quieras: http://logos.ya.com/SLogo?MYa.com ADSL Router Wi-Fi: Sólo 29,90 €/mes + IVA*. Router + Antivirus y firewall ¡Gratis! http://acceso.ya.com/adsl/256router