[Live-devel] very low resolution playback

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sat Aug 14 21:30:20 PDT 2004

>Is the openRTSP client library present in vlc re-compressing the jpeg
>frames when
>re-calculating the
>quantization tables from the Q factor?

The "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code doesn't do any compression or
decompression.  For JPEG RTP streams, the receiving code
("JPEGVideoRTPSource") is simply reconstructing the JPEG headers (with
quantization tables), based on the RTP header information.  See RFC 2435
and "JPEGVideoRTPSource.cpp".

>Should I send the original JPEG file header quantization tables with the
>frame data to
>acquire the
>original frame resolution?

I don't know, but if the default quantization tables constructed by the
JPEG/RTP receiving code (based on RFC 2435) don't give you what you want,
then you may need to do this.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>