[Live-devel] unable to recieve unsupported RTP data using openRTSP ...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Aug 16 09:44:16 PDT 2004

At 07:43 AM 8/16/04, you wrote:
>Thanks Ross,right now i'm able to recieve data by making changes to SDP
>file suggested by you.I've got one more problem now,the openRTSP
>recieves(writes) data only for few mins.What i mean to say after somtime
>the size of the file into which openRTSP writes remains constant,why does
>it stop recieving data after somtime..

When you're using Darwin Streaming Server as a relay (as you are), then
problems like this are usually caused by Darwin not receiving RTCP packets
from the sender, or from the client - so Darwin times out the session.

>Using Ethreal I can see
>that RTCP messages genereated by openRTSP reach my server.

But do RTCP packets generated by your sending application reach Darwin
(and, from there "openRTSP")?

Because you chose not to use our software for your sending application,
you're on your own here - sorry.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>