[Live-devel] unable to recieve unsupported RTP data using openRTSP ...

venkata sripada vsripada at cs.odu.edu
Mon Aug 16 11:43:01 PDT 2004

Thanks Ross,right now i'm able to recieve data by making changes to SDP
file suggested by you.I've got one more problem now,the openRTSP
recieves(writes) data only for few mins.What i mean to say after somtime
the size of the file into which openRTSP writes remains constant,why does
it stop recieving data after somtime..

C:\live\testProgs>openRTSP -s 0 rtsp://128.82.5.57/odu199.sdp
Opened URL "rtsp://128.82.5.57/odu199.sdp", returning a SDP description:
v=0
o=ApplicationCaster 70566312675856 3301655400 IN IP4 128.82.5.57
s=\odu199.sdp
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
t=0 0
a=control:*
m=application 0 RTP/AVP 97
a=rtpmap:97 X-ODU-IMAGE
a=control:trackid=1

Created receiver for "application/X-ODU-IMAGE" subsession (client ports
1106-1107)
Setup "application/X-ODU-IMAGE" subsession (client ports 1106-1107)
Created output file: "application-X-ODU-IMAGE-1"
Started playing session
Receiving streamed data...

it creates a file by name application-X-ODU-IMAGE-1, the size of this file
increases for sometime but after a point it remains constant.Why does it
stop recieving data,even tough i'm broadcasting.Using Ethreal I can see
that RTCP messages genereated by openRTSP reach my server.

-raja