[Live-devel] RTSP Client ( RTPSource )

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Aug 27 12:01:55 PDT 2004

>   I'm trying to write a simple RTSP client, and everything seams to work,
> except that the image quality is very bad. I compares with VLC and the
> quality is a lot better, but it's more or less 3 or 4 seconds behind, so
> I figured there must be a buffer somewhere... but I couldn't find it on
> VLC's source how to do that. So I tried
> RTPSource::setPacketReorderingThresholdTime( 4 * 100000 );

No, that's something different (it controls how long to wait for
out-of-order packets to arrive - but if (in the normal case) packets don't
arrive out of order, then this has no effect).

The function you want is "increaseReceiveBufferTo()".  If you look in VLC's
LIVE.COM interface code ("modules/demux/livedotcom.cpp"), you'll see it
being called there.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>