[Live-devel] Re: [vlc-devel] RTSP trickplay support

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Dec 14 21:43:35 PST 2004

>Changing the scale by calling ::playMedia[Sub]Session() seems to work but
>subsequent calls to confirm the change via Media[Sub]Session::scale()
>continue to return 1.0; I poked around and can't find where it's being
>updated.  I'm doing it through the VLC livedotcom.cpp wrapper, and I've
>confirmed the "OK" response, and from what I can tell the packets are
>being sent as expected.  Where is fScale being reset by the respective
>*AudioFileServerMedia[Sub]Session?

Matt,

This is done in "RTSPClient::parseScaleHeader()" (in
"liveMedia/RTSPClient.cpp").  I.e., the RTSP client code sets the field
based upon the "Scale:" header that the server sends back in the "PLAY"
response.  (This is not necessarily the same as the value that the client
specified in the "Scale:" header in the "PLAY" *request*.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>