[Live-devel] question from a newbie....

venkata sripada vsripada at cs.odu.edu
Mon Jul 19 16:49:33 PDT 2004

hi
  Thanks for the reply ROSS... i would then definetly use openRTSP to
recieve my stream...i was looking into playCommon.cpp to find out what
exactly is happening when it says at the command prompt when u give a -V
option

Created receiver for "video/MP4V-ES" subsession (client ports 2156-2157)
Created receiver for "audio/MPEG4-GENERIC" subsession (client ports
2158-2159)

i understood that for every m variable in SDP one reciever is created....i
dont get what exactly happening when it says created reciever...i want to
know if the client program simply opens and starts listening at the ports
it shows us or is there are anykind of RTCP handshake before it issues
PLAY command...there seems something happening after SETUP command and
before PLAY command...i think i'm missing something here...

--raja