[Live-devel] question from a newbie....

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jul 20 11:13:36 PDT 2004

>one more doubt with respect to ports that we are stating in
>SETUP command,I understand that to specify the RTP and RTCP ports we are
>taking the current port number from which we are doing RTSP
>communication,take the immediate ports see that the RTP port is even and
>specify in the SETUP.

Not quite.  The port numbers used for RTP and RTCP are completely
independent of the (TCP) port number that's used for RTSP.

>Can I hardcode the ports at which client is listening for RTP,RTCP packets

Yes.  Note the "-p <startingPortNumber>" option to "openRTSP" (and its
implementation using the "desirdPortNum" variable in "playCommon.cpp").

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>