[Live-devel] question from a newbie....

venkata sripada vsripada at cs.odu.edu
Tue Jul 20 22:50:56 PDT 2004

thank you ROSS i was able to figure it out....now i'm using openRTSP to
recieve data being reflected by DSS...i'm using -s option to recieve the
RTP data since i'm broadcasting binary data to Darwin...i'm unable to
recieve it using openRTSP...looks like DSS is dropping the data i'm
broadcasting to it..the binary data is being first packed as RTP packet
and then broadcasted...may be RTP has the wrong structre (may be header is
not correct i cant rule this option..)using Ethreal i found that DSS is
listening to the port i specify in SDP file and SDP file is being retained
as long as my broadcast is running...i've made all the changes in DSS xml
file to run DSS in verbose mode....the problem is DSS in verbose shows me
only the handshake between broadcaster and DSS it doesnt show the data
that is being recieved from broadcaster...i think DSS is recieving my RTP
stream and ignoring it...is there any way so that i could see if DSS is
accepting my stream...

raja