[Live-devel] DarwinInjector and openRTSP

John Georgas jgeorgas at uci.edu
Mon Jul 26 20:53:25 PDT 2004

 > But what is it that you are trying to accomplish?  Are you trying to
 > set up some sort of RTSP/RTP proxy - relaying a single incoming
 > RTSP/RTP session into (potentially multiple) clients?  Why just not
 > use the original "rtsp://" URL for all clients?

A proxy is exactly it.

The stream is originating from a spook server that is streaming video
from a Firewire IIDC cam. spook, however, does not support multiple
connections to the server very well, and I have need of multiple clients
accessing the stream at any one time.

So, the plan was to proxy the stream to a DSS for use with multiple clients.

 > At first glance, what you're doing looks OK, although the
 > "RTPTranslator"s aren't really needed (since they do a direct relay).
 > Instead, you could just play your "destRTPSink" directly from
 > "sourceSubsession->readSource()".

I also tried that, with the same result - no stream.

 > However, you can use the
 > "RTPTranslator" code to do debugging.  In particular, does
 > "RTPTranslator::doGetNextFrame()" get called (it should), and does
 > "RTPTranslator::afterGettingFrame()" get called (it will, iff data is
 > coming in on your "sourceSubsession").

Neither of those methods actually gets executed. I must be missing some
part of the "wiring" mechanism...

Thanks,

John