[Live-devel] DarwinInjector and openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jul 28 16:03:31 PDT 2004

> > However, you can use the
> > "RTPTranslator" code to do debugging.  In particular, does
> > "RTPTranslator::doGetNextFrame()" get called (it should), and does
> > "RTPTranslator::afterGettingFrame()" get called (it will, iff data is
> > coming in on your "sourceSubsession").
>
>Neither of those methods actually gets executed. I must be missing some
>part of the "wiring" mechanism...

It turns out that the problem here is that your sink - a
"MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink" - expects to see a particular kind of source: in this
case a "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer".  If its source is not a
"MPEG4VideoStreamFramer", then "startPlaying()" will fail (return without
doing anything).  (I'll let you trace through the code for
"MediaSink::startPlaying()" to figure out why this is happening :-)

The easiest/best solution for your problem, I think, is to replace your
"RTPTranslator" with a "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer".

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>