[Live-devel] Streaming Transport Stream bit rate question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jun 1 22:53:03 PDT 2004

>1. With proper setting, can I use the MPEG2TransportStreamFramer to handle
>PS file?

No, definitely not.  The "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" class has explicit
knowledge of the structure of MPEG Transport Stream packets (including PCR
(timestamp) values, which it uses to compute the 'duration' of each
Transport Stream packet).

>2. Will you provide MPEG2ProgramStreamFramer to handle PS file for later
>release? Without demuxing the content.

This is unlikely, unless a client pays for this to be done.  (The
"MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" support came about as a result of a project
done for a client.)  Note, of course, that if you know the average
'duration' of a fixed-size chunk of Program Stream data, then you can just
use "SimpleRTPSink", as you have already noted.

In any case, I believe that the best way to stream a MPEG Program Stream is
to demux the audio and video, and send them as separate RTP streams, as is
already done by the "testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer" test program.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>