[Live-devel] ffmpeg <-> live (!)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Mar 22 09:31:57 PST 2004

>I made a video file .mpg with apiexample that uses
>libavcodec. I played myfile.mpg with MPlayer and
>FFplay correctly but when I use
>testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer, its answer is:
>
>"Unable to open file "myfile.mpg" as a byte-stream
>file source"

That usually just means that "testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer" can't find
the file.  Try using an absolute path name - or else put "myfile.mpg" in
the same directory ("testProgs") as "testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer" .

>Besides, if I use for audio video encoding
>
>./output_example myfile.mpg
>
>that uses libavformat, testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer
>accepts myfile.mpg but the file reconstructed with
>testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver has some frames damaged.

That may be due to packet loss between the sender and receiver (if you're
running them on different computers).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>