[Live-devel] frame-by-frame streaming of RAW images

Calkins, David S david.s.calkins at lmco.com
Fri Mar 26 12:48:26 PST 2004

We're receiving video frames from a framegrabber card and would like to
stream this video to other machines for display.  We receive the
individual frames in RAW, uncompressed format.  Does the "LIVE.COM
Streaming Media" library interface support this sort of operation?  i.e.
can I feed it a frame at a time with a timestamp in the RAW image format
and have it stream it out?

I built the source (2004.03.23 version) using cygwin and have
successfully run the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer sample and been able to
view the streamed video from another machine using QuickTime and the
.sdp file.

In my case, though, I don't have a complete video file ready to play, I
have individual frames being acquired in real-time.