[Live-devel] Variable Bitrate Source

Dixon Siu dixonsiu at mediaglue.co.jp
Thu May 13 12:52:40 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have previously posted a similar question which is reading a buffer and
streaming it using RTP. From the FAQ, I can use a FramedFileSource which
reads in frame size and frame duration. But the new problem is that the
buffer contains contents with different bitrate. For example, at t1, the
bitrate maybe 200kbps and at t2, the bitrate maybe 500kbps. Therefore the
frame size is varying. I was wondering how can I use the existing library to
stream a VBR buffer? I think I need my own packetizer and depacketizer. But
not sure where to start. Any suggestion will be great. Thanks in advance for
the help.

Regards,
Dixon Siu
---