[Live-devel] problems with VPN

Oleg Ivanov ivanov_o at softhome.net
Tue Nov 2 09:22:12 PST 2004

RF> That's odd...

RF> I wonder if perhaps the problem might be multicast-related.  Have you also
RF> tried running the unicast version of the streaming server - i.e.,
RF> "testOnDemandRTSPServer"?

RF> 	Ross Finlayson

yeah, I tried not only multicast. In fact, I have my own test project
built over liveMedia's ones, which uses TCP for
both RTSP communication and data transfer. It always has problems
with the VPN, receives several packets and then - hangs. In debugger,
I can see that during exchanging RTSP messages between the RTSP Server and the Client, if
the VPN is presents, my Client gets stuck in recvfrom(...) waiting for
the PLAY response and stays there for ever. So, in my situation it
looks a bit different, but still - the VPN means troubles.

Thank you,

Oleg