[Live-devel] creating sdp file and more about .3g2 file strea ming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Nov 5 08:55:30 PST 2004

>Testmp3streamer.exe does not play in quicktime player 6.5, when I give the
>sample mp3 file.  But quicktime player buffers and starts playing.. but no
>audio.  I gave the URL(rtsp:\\...).

This is a known (and longstanding) bug in QuickTime Player: It cannot play
MPEG layer III (i.e., MP3) audio RTP streams.  (It will play MP3 *files*
OK, and will play MPEG layer I or layer II audio RTP streams - but not
layer III RTP streams.)

Blame Apple for this.  They have known about this bug for years, but have
refused to fix it.

Instead, I recommend that you use the VLC media player:
<http://www.videolan.org/vlc/>

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>