[Live-devel] Bug with SSM and win XP?

Alessandro Gaiarin alessandro.gaiarin at radiotrevisan.com
Tue Nov 9 16:12:57 PST 2004

Hi Ross

Thank you for your precious help.
Finally i receive rtcp packets but i had to make a change in the code;
in MediaSubsession::initiate in these lines:

Port rtcpPort = htons(rtcpPortNum);
    if (isSSM()) {
      fRTCPSocket = new Groupsock(env(), tempAddr, fSourceFilterAddr,
				  rtcpPortNum);
      // Also, send RTCP packets back to the source via unicast:
      if (fRTCPSocket != NULL) {
	  fRTCPSocket->changeDestinationParameters(fSourceFilterAddr,0,~0);
      }
    } else {
      fRTCPSocket = new Groupsock(env(), tempAddr, rtcpPortNum, 255);
    }

function fRTCPSocket->changeDestinationParameters, since i'm using SSM,
makes me leave and then rejoin a multicast group; doing so make impossible
for me to receive rtcp packets...
I still don't understand why, but i thought you could be interested in it.
If i remove the line i can receive rtcp packets (BYE included) while i can't
send my rtcp packets to unicast source address; i don't care about this
because my server doesn't use them. Nevertheless i'd like to know why you
was able to receive them without changes while i was not...

Thank you,

Alessandro Gaiarin