[Live-devel] changelogs & patches

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Mon Nov 15 23:14:08 PST 2004

Dear Ross,

I know you are very busy, but I'm really missing a way to create easy
patches. Everytime I have to download fresh copies of liveMedia and
clean current trees to get patches without complete Makefiles in them.

svn diff or
cvs diff

would be much easier.
Similarly i'm also starting to miss accurate changelogs. The one with
the changes per release are nice, but if you really want to know what
is going on, then running diff on older packages (which aren't even
available from the site, so you need to have them laying around
somewhere) is becoming quite a pain.

A code repository would greatly benefit the external development
process of liveMedia in my eyes.

DJ

---
Universiteit Twente