[Live-devel] Symbian Porting

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Oct 7 15:20:32 PDT 2004

>I fixed it and I got to listen the music using QT Player and RTSP Server
>running on Symbian Emulator.
>The change: In the BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep() I am not calling
>select() when the timeout value is zero. (i.e. tv_timeToDelay values are
>zero).

That's not a good idea in general, because it can cause input sockets not
to get read often enough if the application becomes loaded.

If you call "select()" with a timeout value of 0, it is supposed to 'poll'
the specified input devices, and then return immediately.  If your
"select()" implementation is not doing this correctly, then you should
really fix it.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>