[Live-devel] Beginners question

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Mon Oct 18 21:25:49 PDT 2004

Speaking liveCaster....

Ross, I noticed a lot of liveCaster announces on the MBone here lately.
It seems that when liveCaster announces a new mp3, it sends a new SAP
with a new SDP, with an increased counter in the o= line, however it
does not send a delete for the old SDP. I'm not sure what the
specification says, I cannot really find what the expected behaviour
should be in this case. VLC however doesn't like this at all. It treats
each o= as a unique session, and if we don't get a specific delete for
a session (SDP), we wait for a timeout (which is quite long in VLC). We
could catch this with complicated and CPU intensive comparing, but I'd
rather not, on this 250 item SAP playlist.

Could you clarify what you think is the expected behaviour based on the
RFC?

DJ