[Live-devel] Testprog & groupsock problem

Etienne Lanoy e.lanoy at tonna.com
Tue Apr 12 16:43:18 PDT 2005

Hi Ross,

In re-compiling the groupsocks lib, the error "
Groupsocks(-1;239.255.42.42,1234,7) failed to join group :
setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP)
error : bad file descriptor " had be eliminated.

But the "Unable to determine our source address : setsockopt
(IP_MULTICAST_LOOP) " is still here. No multicast datagram have been
streamed
to the out on My PC. The groupsock doesn't arrive to determine my
multicast adress source (by sending the multicast datagram).

Do you have already got this problem on Cygwin or another ?

Thanks

Etienne

Ross Finlayson a écrit:

>> Groupsocks(-1;239.255.42.42,1234,7) failed to join group :
>

> What is happening here is that (for some unknown reason) the call to
> "setupDatagramSocket()" (see "groupsock/GroupsockHelper.cpp") is
> failing, and is returning a 'socket number' of -1 (indicating an error).
>
> It seems that something about the use of "cygwin" is causing
> "setupDatagramSocket()" to fail.  Because I can't reproduce the
> problem here, could you please debug the execution of
> "setupDatagramSocket()" (e.g., using print statements), and let us
> know exactly which part of this routine is failing (and returning -1)?
>

>     Ross Finlayson
>     LIVE.COM
>     <http://www.live.com/>

Phone 	: +33 3 87 73 55 71