[Live-devel] Multicast streams from multiple devices

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Apr 24 20:46:18 PDT 2005

> > If, instead, you want to stream to different (multicast address,port)s -
> > one for each camera - then you will need to create separate 'groupsock'
> > objects for each.
>
>So does that means I need to have an RTSP server for each stream I
>create?

No, you can still use a single RTSP server, but have different streams
(with different names) served by it.

You will need to repeat the
         ServerMediaSession::createNew()
         addSubsession(PassiveServerMediaSubsession::createNew()
         rtspServer->rtspURL()
code for each multicast stream.  (The second parameter to each
         ServerMediaSession::createNew()
call will need to be different for each stream - i.e., to name the stream,
so that the "rtsp://" URLs end up being different for each stream.)

>Or do I simply need to create a new groupsock for each RTPSink and
>RTCPInstance?

Yes, you'll need a new 'groupsock' (and 'RTPSink' and 'RTPInstance') for each.

>How do I choose wich port to use? Do I simply increment them?

You should use a different multicast address, and port number, for each
stream.  The port number should always be an even number.