[Live-devel] memory leak problem

Li bz paul_li20 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Aug 4 00:54:02 PDT 2005

Hi, Ross,

I also have one question about memory leaking.

I run the TestMpeg2TransportStreamer to broadcast a TS
file on hard-disk. I commented the play() function in
afterPlaying function() in
testMPEG2TransportStreamer.cpp file, so that it can
stop later. I noticed that Medium::close(videoSource)
called by afterPlaying() just released the memory of
videoSource and fileSource, however, it seems that
some of the memory occupied by videoSink and
rtcp(RTCPInstance::createNew) are not released. I
debug the program on Visual C++ 7.0 and found that
there are message "Detected memory leaks!", then I
checked and found that at least the created
mediumName"liveMedia0" that you create for the
videoSink are not released later.

In fact for all the streaming test applications, there
exist the same problem, I am not sure whether you
noticed this problem or I did not understand your
application correctly. I just report to you when I got
the message from output of visual c++. I am looking
forward to hearing your reply. Thanks a lot.

Paul