[Live-devel] memory leak problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Aug 3 10:24:18 PDT 2005

>I run the TestMpeg2TransportStreamer to broadcast a TS
>file on hard-disk.
[...
>I noticed that Medium::close(videoSource)
>called by afterPlaying() just released the memory of
>videoSource and fileSource, however, it seems that
>some of the memory occupied by videoSink and
>rtcp(RTCPInstance::createNew) are not released.

That's because "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" works by continuously
streaming to the same destination - by reading the same file over and
over again.  I.e., the 'destination' objects ("videoSink" and "rtcp")
are created just once, and reused each time, whereas the 'source'
objects ("fileSource" and "videoSource") are destroyed and then
recreated each time we reach the end of the input file.

There is no memory leak here.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>