[Live-devel] Re: memory leak in testOnDemandRTSPServer

thomas ming.zhuming at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:53:27 PDT 2005

Here is the env I used----I was streaming an non-existing file over
and over again.

1. nothing change on the original code
2. run testOnDemandRTSPServer but without giving the "test.ts" (so,
there is no source data file).
3. run Amino STB playMedia() script on the Amino STB in a infinate
loop to make sure the Amino RTSPClient sending SETUP msg all the time
right after the TEARDOWN msg (the TEARDOWN msg is not issued by the
"kill" button, but by the Client itself automatically).

then I monitor the memory usage of the process ----it increases nearly
10k/hour.

Does it help?

Thanks,
--tom

>I found that when I run the RTSP server, the memory size of the
>testOnDemandRTSPServer keeps consistantly increase by 10k per hour.

Can you say more about how you're using "testOnDemandRTSPServer", so
I can try to reproduce this?  In particular, what kind of file(s) are
you streaming?  Are you streaming the same file over and over again,
or different files.  (Or are you streaming from a live input
source?)  Did you make any changes to the original code?