[Live-devel] Streaming m4v to 3G mobile phone by using testMPEG4VideoToDarwin.exe

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Aug 26 04:06:01 PDT 2005

>What I'm trying to do is to deliver m4v files to a 3G phone through
>Darwin Streaming Server and by using testMPEG4VideoToDarwin executable.
>It works fine when I stay on my local network (while launching the
>command : "testMPEG4VideoToDarwin 127.0.0.1"). I then get the stream
>back via realtime or any other player through
>"rtsp://127.0.0.1/test.sdp without any problem.
>However, when I attempt to give a public internet address (ex :
>80.11.170.15), I keep on getting the following error message :
>
>     injector->setDestination() failed: SETUP: cannot handle
> response: RTSP/1.0 404 Not Found
>
>I've added a qtaccess file in the Darwin's Movies' directory but it
>doesn't help solving the problem...
>
>Does someone have any idea to get rid of this message and grant
>access to the file through a remote computer ?

I don't know why the DSS is returning a "404 Not Found" response; you
may end up needing to ask about this on a DSS-related mailing list.

Note, however, that you really don't need to be using a DSS at
all.  Instead, you could stream directly from LIVE.COM code.  Note,
in particular, the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application, which
can be used to stream a MPEG-4 Video Elementary Stream file named
"test.m4v" by unicast, on-demand, using RTSP.  If you use this
application, you should be able to stream the file directly to your
your '3G' phone, without involving a DSS at all.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>