[Live-devel] Streaming m4v to 3G mobile phone by usingtestMPEG4VideoToDarwin.exe

Nicolas Rondelé nicokiller2k2 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:00:25 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am currently developing a project based on both Darwin Streaming Server
and the testMPEG4VideoToDarwin executable. The server side streams the m4v
file and gives the sdp pointer reference (ex: rtsp://192.168.x.x/test.sdp).
I do manage to read that file from a remote computer (using realPlayer or
quicktime) but while staying on the same LAN. My wish is to manage that on
two computers located on different LANs. I'm using a modem router which sets
me the server's public IP address to connect to. However, the client still
doesn't manage to read the file the server is streaming and I can't solve
that problem !!!

Is that because I am not opening all the ports Darwin Streaming Server needs
to streams the file ? (if yes, which are they ?) or is it because of
something I'm apparently missing ...

Thanx in advance for ur help,

Nicolas