[Live-devel] Live streaming in OSX problems

Neil Alexander nalex at hand-off.com
Sun Aug 28 01:55:53 PDT 2005

Hello All,

As I'm doing this part time, everything seems to be going in slow
motion. I am attempting to stream a live camera using live.com api.
I'm having some serious difficulty with the stream.

I put some pix on my website so you can see what I'm seeing:

http://homepage.mac.com/jollyprez/DuckBites/page0/page0.html

Basically, I'm using a Firewire camera into a G5 Dual 1.8 in Tiger
with 1.5GB RAM. I'm intercepting the feed at the Sequence Grabber level.

I add a readout to the frame before compression. Sometimes I'm
recording (which works fine), sometimes not.

I send a separate compression session to live in a subclass of the
FrameSource.

My compression session uses kH263CodecType, and my compression
subsession uses an H263RTPSink. I also am using the OnDemandRTPServer
as my base.

When I hook up a QuickTime Player - which sometimes doesn't want to -
I get the sequence shown above in my website.

I've been tearing my hair out on this for a while. What the heck is
going on?

Any help would be appreciated!

Neil Alexander