[Live-devel] Live streaming in OSX problems

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Aug 30 03:02:23 PDT 2005

At 09:55 PM 8/27/2005, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>As I'm doing this part time, everything seems to be going in slow
>motion. I am attempting to stream a live camera using live.com api.
>I'm having some serious difficulty with the stream.
>
>I put some pix on my website so you can see what I'm seeing:
>
>http://homepage.mac.com/jollyprez/DuckBites/page0/page0.html

[...]

>I've been tearing my hair out on this for a while. What the heck is
>going on?

I don't know about your system to be sure, but I suspect that large
H.263 frames may be getting truncated somewhere - either at the
sender end (before getting packed into multiple outgoing RTP
packets), or at the receiver end (after being filled in from the
contents of multiple incoming RTP packets).

Are you seeing any messages (to stdout) about truncated
buffers?  Have you compared the size of each H.263 frames at both the
sender and receiver ends, to see if they're the same?  This is what I
would check.

I would also make sure:

At the sender end:
- If single compressed H.263 frames can be larger than 60000 bytes
(the default value of "OutPacketBuffer::maxSize"), then set
"OutPacketBuffer::maxSize" to the larger maximum size, *before*
creating the video "RTPSink" object.

At the receiver end:
- In your 'sink' object (which receives the incoming H.263 data),
when you call "getNextFrame()" on the "RTPSource" object, make sure
that the "maxSize" parameter is as least as large as the biggest
frame you expect to see.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>