[Live-devel] NTLM authentiaction

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Dec 15 12:10:42 PST 2005

>I try to stream from a windows media server a content which is
>configured to demand a NTLM Authentication.
>In the Live555 package source code NTLM (or Negotiate)
>authentication methods is not implemented or documented (as far as I
>can tell), and so my questions are:
>
>1.      does anybody know what needs to be done in order to
>implement of the NTLM authentication for the RTSP protocol?

As far as I can tell "NTLM authentication" is a non-standard
authentication mechanism, used only by Microsoft.

I found the following document that appears to describe it
         http://www.innovation.ch/personal/ronald/ntlm.html
If you really want to implement support for this, then that document
might help you.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>