[Live-devel] compiling liveMedia using Visual Studio .net

Jeremy Bernstein jeremy at bootsquad.com
Tue Jan 18 17:33:17 PST 2005

Hello -

I'm trying to get liveMedia working on Windows, using Visual Studio
.net. I should note that everything works, more or less, using the
command line (although I had to make the <strstrea.h> change referenced
elsewhere in these archives. I've been able to compile the .libs and up
to there, everything seemed ok.

When I attempted to compile a test program, using the .libs, I received
some errors about an unresolved external symbol, _ftime. I solved this
by changing the call to ftime() in groupsock.cpp to _ftime(). No more
compile-time errors. However...

When running the program, I have a consistent crash, which I can't
solve. It finally crashes in _unlock (in mlock.c), in response to the
console output after socketJoinGroup() fails. I can't explain why
socketJoinGroup() is failing (up until then, everything was super), nor
can I explain the crash. However, since it all works from the console,
I feel like I must be doing something wrong in my project settings.
Does this ring any bells among the assembled developers here?

jb