[Live-devel] SEEK handle patch

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Jan 23 19:01:26 PST 2005

>Under the environment that we do SEEKING operation, Is there any
>necessaries to get the "bufferedPacket" cleared avoid some packet that
>unhandled but leaving in the "ReorderingPacketBufferring"

I did some experiments, and I was finally able to understand the issue that
you're raising.

The issue: After a seek has been done, *some* RTSP servers (e.g., the
Darwin Streaming Server, but not the LIVE.COM RTSP server) skip one RTP
sequence number in the packets that they send.  The receiving code
("MultiFramedRTPSource") treats this as if a packet had been lost.  It does
this by buffering up (in the "ReorderingPacketBuffer") the following
packets, up until a short period of time (the 'reordering threshold' time:
by default, 100ms) has elapsed.  After this time, all of the buffered
packets will be delivered to the clients, in order.

So, you shouldn't 'clear' the "ReorderingPacketBuffer"; that will happen
automatically (and deliver its contents to the client).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>