[Live-devel] CELP

Flavio Oliveira flavyobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jul 7 16:52:38 PDT 2005

Hi,

> Yes, in principle.  However, both classes would need
> to be modified to properly support the appropriate
> mode ("CELP-cbr" or "CELP-vbr") defined in RFC 3640.

I got some samples in
http://www.speex.org/samples.html
and I used the testWAVAudioStreamer. They are Celp
audio files, but I can sent it, and listen on mplayer
using testWAVAudioStreamer. Am I sending Celp audio?
Or PCM audio?

> You can also use "QCELPAudioRTPSource" - without
> modification - to receive QCELP RTP streams
> packetized as described in RFC 2658 ("audio/QCELP"
> RTP payload type; a different packetization from
> that described in RFC 3640).  However, there's
> currently no corresponding"QCELPAudioRTPSink" for
> sending such streams.

Edgard did a "QCELPAudioRTPSink", somebody needs
test it, I am not using because there isn't a
free QCELP decoder available.

Regards, Flavio