[Live-devel] proxy: could i utilize testRelay to implement a proxy

Hu Wen Ze, SLC COM CD/MN AS R&D (BJ) wenze.hu at siemens.com
Thu Jun 2 10:49:10 PDT 2005

Hi, Ross Finlayson,

The requirement is building a proxy P on a gateway between internal and external networks, this proxy should TRANSPARENTLY,

1. forward the rtsp request from internal client C to external media server S;
2. forward the rtsp response from S to C;
3.  forward the rtp, rtcp packets between S and C;

Is it possible for P to simply modify the source and destination address (or even port number) of packets from S or C and forward them in order to implement the above goal?

I've read RFC 2326, it seems proxy mentioned in some places, but I am still confused how to do it in a real development.