[Live-devel] Streaming kills network

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jun 2 02:05:24 PDT 2005

>After building the entire library, I found that running the
>testMPEG1or2AudioVideo program wipes out internet access to the
>entire network. Sure, it's visible on the LAN, but why does everybody
>lose internet access?

I don't know.  I suspect that something on your network is buggy and gets
upset if there's (fairly) high multicast traffic on your LAN.

>Also, when attempting to view the stream over wireless, nothing was
>visible (using internal RTSP Server configuration). The console tells
>you what to type, and it works on the local computer, but not over
>the Airport.

Perhaps multicast traffic is not being routed to your wireless LAN?

I suggest trying instead using unicast streaming - i.e., using the
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>