[Live-devel] Encountering MPlayer(on top Live) segmentation fault.

Debal Mridha debal.mridha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:30:42 PDT 2005

Hi Ross ,
   thanks for your help on multicast.
I was encountering some segmentation fault while running Mplayer on
top Live . It was happening occasionally. The gdb traces on two
occasion were as follows-
---------Trace 1--------------------
our_random
our_srandom
ourSourceAddressForMulticast
Groupsock::wasLoopedBackFromUs
Groupsock::handleRead
RTPInterface::handleRead
BufferedPacket::fillInData
MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler
--------Trace 2-----------------------
our_random
our_srandom
ourSourceAddressForMulticast
Groupsock::output
RTPInterface::sendPacket

After running sometime (which was random), MPlayer quit suddenly. I
traced the reason back to this seg fault. From what was common in
these two traces, I found out that ourSourceAddressForMulticast() was
calling our_random(), where the seg fault occurred.

 Can you pls tell me what does this part of code i.e
OurSourceAddressForMulticast()->our_srandom()->our_random() actually
do? would there be any problem if i comment out it and what exactly is
our_random() was cousing the seg fault?

thanks
Debal