[Live-devel] Efficiency of RTSP

Neil Alexander nalex at hand-off.com
Sat Jun 11 21:35:32 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm vectoring the onDemandRTSP sample program. My source is a camera
that delivers frames 30 FPS. 720x480. (DV)

However, streaming only needs to be 15fps or even slower at 320x240
or CIF or whatever depending on bandwidth.

When I deliver frames to the framed source far in excess of
requirements, is there anything I need to do to ensure I'm cool? All
my testing so far has been over a LAN, so no problem, but it doesn't
seem 100% straightforward with reduced bandwidth.

Any insight would be nice,

Thanks

Neil Alexander