[Live-devel] RTP Ports and Session timeout

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Jun 19 03:34:11 PDT 2005

>1) I would to configure firewalls allowing only what is needed, I would
>like to know the range in which the server chooses the UDP
>ports for the RTP packets; I have tried to look into the source code but
>without success :(

The RTSP server code (actually, "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession.cpp", lines
175-187) currently allocates an arbitrary 'ephemeral' port number.  If you
want to do something different, this is where you'd do it.

>2) I would to stop the stream after N seconds.

Note the use of "fReclamationTestSeconds" in "RTSPServer.cpp".  That should
tell you where you can modify the code to get what you want.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>