[Live-devel] How to convert mpeg-4 program stream tompeg-4 transport stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Mar 13 18:28:03 PST 2005

>I have another question that I have modified the library a little bit to fit
>my project. Should I publish my updated version of live.com's source code?
>If I need to send the modified code to public, should I send the whole
>project or just the changed .cpp and .hh files?
>
>The change was made for letting programmers use their own created file
>handle instead of standard ouput file handle(stdout or stderr) to receiving
>data stream from live.com buffer.

Mike,

 From looking at your changes, it appears that what you were really looking
for was the ability to create a "ByteStreamFileSource" from an open file
(rather than from a file name), and also to have this open file *not* be
closed automatically when the "ByteStreamFileSource" is deleted.  Is this
correct?

If so, then I should be able to give you this ability by providing a new
(optional) variant of "ByteStreamFileSource::createNew()" that has -
instead of a "fileName" parameter - two parameters:
         - FILE* fid
         - Boolean deleteFidOnClose = False

Would this give you what you are looking for?

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>