[Live-devel] Windows constant polling.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri May 13 19:23:17 PDT 2005

>I believe the problem is coming from
>MultiFramedRTPSink::afterGettingFrame1() scheduling an immediate task,
>essentially making the select call in the BasicTaskScheduler fall through,
>or "poll" the file descriptors.
>The MultiFramedRTPSink object uses an OutPacketBuffer to get a
>durationTime.  This is done right before the objects calls it's method
>afterGettingFrame1().  I'm finding this value almost always to be 0?

That shouldn't be happening, because of the way "WAVAudioFileSource" sets
"fDurationInMicroseconds".  Are you sure you didn't modify the original
code?  Because if you didn't, then the 'timeout' parameter in the call to
"select()" (in "BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep()") should usually be non-zero.

If "select()" is returning immediately, even if (i) the 'timeout' parameter
is non-zero, and (ii) no sockets are readable, then your OS's
implementation of "select()" is broken.  I think (although am not sure)
that some other people have seen this with some versions of Wince.  (If
anyone else knows anything about this and would like to comment, please let
us know.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>