[Live-devel] Sever dies when using NAT

Hyperbit hyperbit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 14:36:07 PST 2005

I have managed to get the live streaming server to serve MPEG 1 video
from a hardware encoder (from MPEG 2) and on the local lan (10.0.0.1)
it is perfectly adequate.

However, the machine that is serving the UDP packets over RTSP is
directly behind a firewall that uses NAT :(

The problem I find when trying to get a stream from outside the
firewall is that I get about 10-15 seconds of fast video, then it
slows down and stops completely.

When I look at the server, it has exited (via exit(0) )

void BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep() {
.
.
.
// Unexpected error - treat this as fatal:
    perror("BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep(): select() fails");
    exit(0);
.
.
.
}

Now that I have no hair left to tear out, any idea what I am doing wrong?