[Live-devel] Sever dies when using NAT

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Nov 26 22:18:09 PST 2005

>When I look at the server, it has exited (via exit(0) )
>
>void BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep() {
>.
>.
>.
>// Unexpected error - treat this as fatal:
>     perror("BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep(): select() fails");
>     exit(0);
>.
>.
>.
>}
>
>Now that I have no hair left to tear out, any idea what I am doing wrong?

I don't know, because I didn't write your code :-)  However, when
"select()" fails, it is often because it is being called with a file
descriptor that no longer exists (because it has been closed).  (You
can perhaps confirm this by looking at "errno".)  So, I suggest
looking for ways in which one of your sockets might get closed unexpectedly.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>